/Friday, March 07, 2008
I was snooping around the web in the office yesterday when I came across the
Bestie's Blog:
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
wednesday trivia
as i was browsing through the dictionary today, i saw a word which can be used on someone perfectly (someone who often gets her words mixed up, coughs coughs "gouts and scuides" ;)from oxford dictionary:Spoonerism (noun) - a mistake in which you accidentally change the first sounds of two words when saying them, often with humorous result, for eg. well-boiled icicle for well-oiled bicycle.Named after W.A. Spooner, (1844-1930), the head of New College, Oxford, who was said to make many mistakes like this when he spoke.
Labels: girlfriends, whateverthings********************************************
Hoho! How cool is that? At least dear Ol' Spooner was an Oxford don! (which means clever people can have such silly speech problems *ahem, ahem*)
Can you imagine if there named this syndrome after some
airhead instead?
I'll probably not feel that much pride in learning that my
"special basket-case of mixed-up words" is being assimilated with this Oxford don by a dictionary.
Oh well, my accountanting exams are next SUNDAY!
Freakin' sian to know that I'm compelled to remain home bound for TWO weekends!
Speakin' of which, I'm gonna be late for classes now.
Freakin' 10am to 5pm today! Oh Lord'! (coosss)
it just ain't right @ Friday, March 07, 2008