/Tuesday, December 25, 2007
I've been wanting to blog about my trip for the past 2 days but there's too many stuff going on,
It's Christmas after all rite? All the last minute gift-shopping, gatherings and revelry!
I feel blessed this christmas, and I'm truly grateful for all I have.
I do miss the children in Philippines very much and I hope to do more for them; They are all very bright kids, what they really need is a better environment and more opportunties for advancement.
Short-term humanitarian trips may be a "touch & go" affair, but I believe that the participants will feel the urge to do much more and have better appreciation for their comfortable lifestyle. In fact, many of the team members have expressed interest to come back again and want to provide more long-term, sustainable help to the Paaralang Pantao School. I foresee that this trip has become a stepping stone for many great things to come. =)
I was reading an article in Sunday Times that highlighted the trend of more youths heading overseas for humanitarian trips because they found it "exotic" and "more meaningful", however these youths somewhat lack the interest to engage in charity work locally due to "lack of time" or they feel that "selling flag is not meaningful enough".
My wish for this christmas is for blessed individuals (most Singaporeans are, anyway) to be more willing to engage in philantropic acts, be it locally or overseas.
As long as a helping hand is needed, always be the first to extend yours.
it just ain't right @ Tuesday, December 25, 2007