/Esotetric's

.Jacqueline.

.Fiendish$$Banker$$.

.Perfectionist.
.Garrulous.
.Love Me Not.
*Hearts*.Green.&.Black.

/What I'm After

A.Very.Fulfilling.Life

/Drowns in her dreams

/tears and laughter

/Beautiful disaster

**KidsREAD**
**Jacq's Photo Album!**
*Allison Yeo*
*Sherry*
*HobInEastAsia*
*Rach*(:
*Isabella*
*Jolene*
*C*
*Qimin*
*Ivan*
*PeiXuan*
*JiaYan*
*Val*
*ShelBy*
*YiShan*
*imel*
*Lynn*
*Viggy*
*ZhiYing*
*Liren*
*Hobbit*
*Yiting*
*Foony*
~Miss.Izzy~
~Yong.Fook~
~Boing.Boing~
~Poison Lady~
~Kenny Sia~
**Click here 4 Hot Bloggers**
~Kayne West~
~Kanny~
~Angela~
~Beatrice~
~Edison~
~Linda Liao~
~Help the Hmong Kids~
My Moon My Man - Feist

/Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's been a whirlwind week of fun, booze and exams! I'm finally done with basic training and completed 14 Exam papers within this week! (Whoever says work life = end of mugging for exams?) *whoopee* I'm moving on to another department to start my 3-month-stint there next week; amd I'm feeling pretty psyched up for the projects they're gonna throw in my face!

After feeling shitta' bout losing my retainers yesterday, I decided to nap at 6pm and I did'nt wake up till Sunday 9am! Goodness, I must be either dog-dead tired or feeling really lousy about blowing so much cash on getting a new pair of retainers. *grumbles*

I can't believe I even contemplated giving up tuition yesterday morning and I'm so glad I got rid of that thought cos I'm feeling Oh'So'Broke now. My Kidsread session yesterday was hilarious and I can't wait to try out the Vegetable Game next week.*hecks*

;)


Mini-Escapade to Meritus Mandarin last Tuesday night;

I was being such a bimbo when I took a cab down to The M hotel and waited there for 15 minutes before ringing up Ting and realizing that "Top of the M" was at Meritus. *arghz* I was pretty annoyed that I had to spend extra moolahs to get another cab and hopped onto a huge van (some 12-seater maxi-cab i think).


The taxi driver was rather garrulous, laughed at me for mixing up M Hotel & Meritus Mandarin; and commented why would I wanna pay $11 bucks to sip Kopi in a hotel when I can sip a better cup of kopi for $0.70 at a nearby kopitiam. "Does make sense uncle, but I'm willing to pay more for ambiance & a gorgeous nightview."

Strawberry Mojita. *Slurps* Super yummy cocktail in a huge glass (tub).

The nightiew of our concrete jungle is gorgeous (pardon the bad picture); but I realized that I would prefer a picturesque daytime landscape view from a hilltop rather than the view of tall concrete buildings that remind me of my workplace everyday. *bummer*


OMG, this pic is so funnie~ I look as if I have a GIANT straw in my mouth.

Off to balcony for more boooozzzeee and more yak on politics, events and ideas.....I don't understand why ang mohs like to chill out, yakkity-yak and drink so much.

It's difficult to hang out with someone who holds an ethnocentric view of the West against your Singaporean values and culture; questions morality questions the existance of democratic rights in Singapore (which is non-existant), wonders why Asians are so fervent in their pursuit for material wealth, and argues with you that the system Singaporeans are living in is so wrong and so lacking in basic human rights that it had moulded people into meek individuals (like me) who doesn't even know what's wrong with the system.

Wah lau, KNN, it's tough conversing with a political scientist.


Actually, I'm pretty glad someone finally discuss political issues and acts "oh-so-confrontational" with me because it's time I start learning how to speak up for myself and engage myself in proper socio-debates (Reminds me of how embarassed I was for being so quiet at the HK UN conference). Politics and socio-issues shouldn't be restricted to hush-hush discussions during social science lectures in NUS.

It's pity that our local media is owned by the state; we get less motivated to question things in life and we're more motivated by material wealth and achieving the perfect "lifestyle", get coveted certificates, snagging rich bfs and trophy wives, getting that perfect home, perfect job, perfect family with smart kids.

"But that's life! There's nothing that we can do about it!" My aunties will probably retort back to me in their shrill voices amidst the voices of my screaming GEP cousins(How apt).

I figured that people here (including me, I must admit) are more interested in their own personal pursuits rather than give a hoot about what the state does for us. We should really take a macro-perspective towards life and things around us. The changes and impact on our lives. We may get so blinded by our personal pursuits to outdo one another in this rat race that we'll forget to take a breather and reflect on deeper issues. Maybe it's possible for a change to happen, if we ever ask for it. And we don't need someone to dictate our lives to us. Sadly, our system had moulded most of us to become politically apathetic individuals.

Maybe it's possible for a well-educated; highly skilled workers to move out of the system here easily if they find life in Singapore too stifling; but for a bourgeoise lady like myself, Life's not that rosy sometimes.


Come on, we are; ad nauseum, products of the state policies as well. Where else in the world can find english-speaking bananas forced to speak lousy chinese and learn civics and moral education in schools?

I guess one of the nicest things I can say about us is that we have capable, non-corrupted political leaders churning out strong GDP growths, powerful GLCs; and whose integrity must be sustained by the highest pays.

__________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________


More booozzziiiingggg ahead..........



I'm not a hard core drinker and frankly, I'll rather spend my monies elsewhere;

but trust me,

I was a "Victim of Circumstances". *hecks*

The bank held a Big Booze-out on Thursday at Molly Malone's and it's a monthly event! Pretty cool huh? I'm a blardy sucker for free drinks. =)

Old + New members of the Associate program!

Colleagues from work, they're a really cheery, helpful bunch!

My twin at work! Her name's Jaclyn too! =))

It's Friday night and I felt obliged to go for more chill out sessions at Clarke Quay with Harry and Archie (this really funny Indian law student from the same campus hall as Harry, whose personality reminded me oh-so-much of Viggy's *heh*)...

OMG, ang mohs can really drink and club-hop like nobody's business.

First, it was The Pump Room for some mixers (I had only 1, they had a few).

Next up, it was Shiraz, where they opened a bottle of french wine and smoked Sheesha.

Then, we headed to Forbidden City for some shots.

And, I thought that was enough for the night,

We headed to MOS later and tried to get in twice, but they couldn't get it without proper ID.

They were really persistant in getting more drinks so we ended up in China One for more drinks and pool. It was a really queer place cos the waiteresses were all pretty girls from NUS and the place was filled with boh-chap locals, horny Ang Mohs and sexy asian girls with half-a-tit hanging out of their tops. But their pool area was really nice~

And if you think they had enough of club-hopping;

We headed to Attica after China One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was at this point, I told myself I really needed to go home and left.

It's been really fun talking and drinking the entire night~~ A good experience and it proves that I'm no party animal ~!~ =))


it just ain't right @ Sunday, July 29, 2007