/Friday, April 13, 2007
I've just changed the song~
Cos this song simply sums up~ my mood now =)))
I can't understand a single phrase of the french lyrics,
Can someone translate for me? Pretty, Pretty Please with sugar on top?
I think the only french word I know is
"Delifrance" *haha*
I'm always trying to mouth the chorus cos it's so catchy and makes me wanna stand up and do little ballerina twirls around the room~
Sighz~
On a more sombre note,
I just came back from the nursing home where my grandpa is now residing. We have no choice but to put him there for 2 weeks because the maid has gone back Indonesia to visit her family and my grandma can't cope alone, looking after her old partner.
The nursing home was spacious and clean, with lots of very frail looking elderly folks in generic blue PJs(for male patients) and pink PJs(for female). But the atmosphere is certainly not a very pleasant one...hmm, can't really describe in detail how it felt to be in a nursing home;
but you can definately juxtapose it with a visit to the nursery in the hospital, where instead you see little bundles of joy wrapped in blue blankets(for male babies) and pink blankets(for female babies).
Both scenarios involve homo-sepians dressed in hues of "blue" and "pink", both involve health workers; yet they display starkly different aspects of life.
Anyway, back to my grandpa,
He was acting pretty neurotic and kept calling my grandma to ask alot of questions and even attempted to "escape" from the nursing home.
Oh dear,
They had to tie him up (for a short while) and pull up the metal rails around his bed to prevent him from "escaping".
The nurses even thought he was a little "mental".
I guess if I was ever placed in a nursing home, I would have also hated it so much.
*sighz*
Luckily, for my grandpa, it's only temporary, and we visit him pretty frequently.
Most of the patients there looked as if they are gonna be there for a long, long, long time.
Don't you people ever put your parents in nursing homes! No matter how busy you are with your career! & No matter how ill they may be!
it just ain't right @ Friday, April 13, 2007