/Saturday, February 03, 2007
More korean/Japanese dresses Up at shoppingcloset.blogspot.com! =) 
I fell into a really, really deep slumber today.
I made my first visit to the CDAC's punggol SSC today, Thanks to Yan's directions~
I found it really hard to navigate my way around Hougang; Really messy and maze-like, because the last time I was there was when I was like, 15? perhaps? *gee*
The punggol SSC reminds me of the TGEV centre in Bursa, albeit smaller, where you have small cosy classes and kids roaming around to attend lessons, something like tuition centres. Yeah, they conduct tuition classes there too.
You have to take off yr shoes before entering the centre and the classrooms are small and air-conditioned. =) Which is good, cos it makes lessons more conducive and comfortable.
The programme I have volunteered for needs minimal commitment, it's once a week, and is a one hour reading/cum english learning session with pre-school kids.
The KidsREAD Programme is initiated by the National Library Board and hence the resources (really HUGE, Colourful picture storybooks) are provided for by NLB =)
I worked with another friendly volunteer in the KidsREAD class, and there were 6 children in the class, 5 girls & 1 Boy. *Gosh* They are soooo adorable can? Their age ranges from 5-7 years old and of course, you have the ones who are always eager to answer, the really quiet ones, there was a girl who kept crying when we played musical chairs (ice-breaker) and there's this very *cute* boy boy who likes pink & red but not blue *hecks*
The kids come very chinese-speaking families, so when we would have to try to encourage them to speak good english, learn simple english words and count. There is no formal lesson plan and besides reading, we also did spelling and played hangman with the kids.
OMG, Everything sounds like a typical TGEV lesson now! *hecks*
Yes, i had a de-jevu moment today, it just brought back all the good times I had in TGEV. =)
Yes, I love kids! Not in that sense, ya know', where I want to start a family and a "soccer team" with my partner.....But I just love to interact with kids. =)
Ironically, I'm not aiming to join the teacher profession too. Playing with kids is Totally different from teaching.
I'm really looking forward to next week's lessons! *yeah*
it just ain't right @ Saturday, February 03, 2007