/Esotetric's

.Jacqueline.

.Fiendish$$Banker$$.

.Perfectionist.
.Garrulous.
.Love Me Not.
*Hearts*.Green.&.Black.

/What I'm After

A.Very.Fulfilling.Life

/Drowns in her dreams

/tears and laughter

/Beautiful disaster

**KidsREAD**
**Jacq's Photo Album!**
*Allison Yeo*
*Sherry*
*HobInEastAsia*
*Rach*(:
*Isabella*
*Jolene*
*C*
*Qimin*
*Ivan*
*PeiXuan*
*JiaYan*
*Val*
*ShelBy*
*YiShan*
*imel*
*Lynn*
*Viggy*
*ZhiYing*
*Liren*
*Hobbit*
*Yiting*
*Foony*
~Miss.Izzy~
~Yong.Fook~
~Boing.Boing~
~Poison Lady~
~Kenny Sia~
**Click here 4 Hot Bloggers**
~Kayne West~
~Kanny~
~Angela~
~Beatrice~
~Edison~
~Linda Liao~
~Help the Hmong Kids~
My Moon My Man - Feist

/Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm totally addicted to Discovery Channel. I love mythbusters, I *heart* the OC Choppers Father-Son Duo, I like the features they always have on Crab fishing/and loading off pot holes in the dangerous icy cold alaska waters, And I love "The most extreme" show with the overtly exaggerating-half-faking-it voiceover!

Watched two documentaries today before my final paper at 5pm. One was a very funny presentation on psychology; how our brain evolves from birth to adulthood and how our body react in social situations: We actually mimick the actions of people when we enjoy talking to the person! Like when he/she touches her nose, scratch his neck, stretch both his arm, slouch back, etc ,etc etc. It's proven! We don't follow 100%, but it 70% similar to what the person did 3 seconds ago. And when we get turned off by the person, we just don't follow any of his body movements.

The second documentary was "The Boy with Divine Powers"- An elaboarte hoax? Is the boy a Buddha? Did he really went without food for 10 months?

Quite unbelievable, But it certainly brought Fame, $$$, generated income and jobs for improvished locals, some turning into touts who try to hard-sell you pictures of the Little Buddha, and hundreds of devotees flock to this site in Nepal to pray to this amazing boy. Even the roadside noodle stall auntie claims that parking her stall next to the "Little Buddha" Brought her more customers than she ever had when she set up her stall in the city area. *hecks*

My opinion? The boy is for real. If you were to analyze closely the meditation techniques he used to survive on just spiritual nourishment. But I dun like the fact that his brother turns him into a tourist attraction. Anyway, the boy had since "vanished" from the tree he had been under for 10 months:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4479240.stm
http://www.blog.com.np/united-we-blog/2006/03/12/looking-for-ram-bahadur-bamjom-the-buddha-boy-of-nepal/


it just ain't right @ Monday, December 04, 2006