/Esotetric's

.Jacqueline.

.Fiendish$$Banker$$.

.Perfectionist.
.Garrulous.
.Love Me Not.
*Hearts*.Green.&.Black.

/What I'm After

A.Very.Fulfilling.Life

/Drowns in her dreams

/tears and laughter

/Beautiful disaster

**KidsREAD**
**Jacq's Photo Album!**
*Allison Yeo*
*Sherry*
*HobInEastAsia*
*Rach*(:
*Isabella*
*Jolene*
*C*
*Qimin*
*Ivan*
*PeiXuan*
*JiaYan*
*Val*
*ShelBy*
*YiShan*
*imel*
*Lynn*
*Viggy*
*ZhiYing*
*Liren*
*Hobbit*
*Yiting*
*Foony*
~Miss.Izzy~
~Yong.Fook~
~Boing.Boing~
~Poison Lady~
~Kenny Sia~
**Click here 4 Hot Bloggers**
~Kayne West~
~Kanny~
~Angela~
~Beatrice~
~Edison~
~Linda Liao~
~Help the Hmong Kids~
My Moon My Man - Feist

/Monday, October 23, 2006


Check out my new idol!!!!!!!!

MUHAMMAD YUNUS


"Muhammad Yunus, is a Bangladeshi Banker and economist. He is the developer and founder of the concept of microcreditt, the extension of small loans to entrepreneurs too poor to qualify for traditional bank loans. Yunus is also the founder of Grameen Bank. "

"In 2006, Yunus and the bank were jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, "for their efforts to create economic and social development from below." Yunus himself has received several other international honors, including the World Food Prize and the Sydney Peace Prize. He is the author of Banker to the Poor and a founding board member of Grameen Foundation."

OMG! I've always been amazed by the concept of microcredit and how we can build a bank for the poor! And yet, I've let a golden opportunity to find out more about Grameen Bank when I was in Bangladesh last December!

I Noticed the Bank and the "brand name" Grameen for the Bangladeshi's Telco company, but yet, I failed to realise this guy started the whole hype about microcredit. It's really wonderful to know that in a country that could exist as a misnomer for "poor and corrupted", some hope still exist for the poor.

Pardon for my harsh criticism against the country, but .....

IF only YOU WERE THERE.

IF YOU COULD EXPERIENCE THE LIVING CONDITIONS,

VISIT THE SLUMS that disappears when the floods sets in,

THE RAILWAY STATION where unwanted women and their babies hurlded close,

THE HOSPITALS with beds that doubled up as toilets for diarrhoea patients,

THE IMPROVISHED PLACES: CLINICS, SCHOOLS, CHILD LABOURERS

VISIT THE PROSTITUTES, whose children who will take over their jobs later, be it a male or female.

AND JUXTAPOSE THEM WITH THE RICH AND MIGHTY IN that SAME COUNTRY.

If only you could see these harsh conditions out there.

You will never view the world in the same light again.

Don't call me a crazy **** who is always travelling, and always jumping at the chance to go overseas. I'm truly passionate about "this".

I can't really describe "this" to you very well now, but the future would shed some light for me on this matter.




it just ain't right @ Monday, October 23, 2006