/Friday, September 22, 2006
Was on MSN today after a short hiatus from it. (Can't be bothered, seriously)
Was talking to this person, I vaguely knew him, but he's currently in Austin Texes doing his masters in accounting. Apparently his course is somewhat a hybrid of a bachelor and masters kinda of degree.
Im kinda at the crossroads again, unfortunately.
And I have this fellow, telling me all the perks of working for Fortune 500 companies, explaining to me how much an MBA course in US will cost me (which I was aiming for) (30k a year if you are wondering), and dropping names of highly vaunted US consulting firms like Boston, McKinsey, Mercer, Bain, etc....Oh yah, he managed to score a coveted interview with Mercer by the way; getting the interview is one, clinching the job is another matter.
Sighz, the wonders of working for a consulting firm, HIGH PAY, well respected, and if you can stay on for a while. THEY WILL MOSTLY SPONSER YOUR MBA in Ivy league schools. READ: Havard, Yale, etc etc.
Woah! Fantastic rite?
I don't know how true this fellow's words are, but I think there's a 50-50 truth in them. It's farkin' hard to get a job with them. No Joke. Only the best.
Oh yes, though the person's Singaporean, I feel that it's mindset is a little skewed towards ethnocentrism - US being the dominant culture that is. Oh well, it's understandable. All the good stuff are there, LOR.
I was feeling quite stressed today.
Not becos of that fellow. You silly.
More like something that's being bothering me for eons. But someone gave me hope like 15 mins ago and Im thankful for it.
On a lighter note; me and ZK and Viggie are gonna learn french soon!
Hopefully, the plan does'nt fall thru'. I know I took up Korean last year....
But no more annion-hai-say-yo already!
Chey-Song-Hum-Mi-Da(Sorry)! No time to Practice it! Pali-Pali! Car-say-yo!
Moon-lai-yo? (Do you understand?)
haha.
My Quote of the day:
"The strength of being me is to bring out the weakness in me into a strength of being me."My fact of the day:
Do you know that in Poland, it's very very difficult to gain employment as a fresh grad? The country has an estmated figure (govt claims it's only 6%) of close to 20% unemployment rate. Hence, many grads go on to Grad school to get their masters or PHD in order to gain employment in a respectful company.
Yeah, people there are kinda forced to go grad school becos of this problem. Hopefully, the newly elected polish govt (the Conservatives) will get their act together soon.
it just ain't right @ Friday, September 22, 2006